The conference is the logical continuation of the series of symposiums "Nucleation theory and applications", organized in the period 1997-2016 each year jointly by colleagues from the Bogoliubov Laboratory of Theoretical Physics of the Joint Institute for Nuclear Research (Prof. Vyatcheslav B. Priezzhev, Dubna, Russia) and the Institute of Physics of the University of Rostock (Prof. Juern W.P. Schmelzer, Rostock, Germany), and of the conference "Nucleation and non-linear problems in first-order phase transitions”, organized in 1998 and 2002 by the Institute of Problems of Mechanical Engineering (Prof. Sergey A. Kukushkin, St. Peterburg, Russia). The conference is dedicated to the memory of our teacher and friend V.V. Slyozov.
The main topics of the conference are:
1) Mechanisms of crystal formation and growth in single- and multi-component systems: theoretical description of the process, numerical modeling, experimental results.
2) New methods and approaches to the description of growth and the investigation of different properties of wide-bandgap semiconductors.
3) Nonlinear and collective phenomena in the process of crystal growth.
4) Physics, chemistry, and mechanics of crystal surfaces
5) Origin and statistics of lattice defects and their effect on the properties and growth of crystals