On this page
The COMS system allows administrators to schedule, manage and start Zoom meetings on their COMS account, without having to log in to Zoom.
Schedule Zoom meetings in the agenda sessions
- Once sessions are defined, i.e. given at least a date, a start time and an end time, it is possible to schedule a Zoom meeting for each session. This can be done directly in the list of sessions at Agenda & proceedings / Sessions / Define the sessions, by using the Zoom scheduler, as shown in Fig. 1.
- The scheduler is prefilled with the times given for the session, but these times can be changed. They do not need to match the session times.
- You can choose a host in the dropdown of users displayed on the scheduler. This dropdown consists of all the users registered on the site. If the list is long, you can quickly retrieve a user by typing the fist few letters of their name.
- After filling the form, you can schedule the meeting by clicking on the "Schedule" button. This will create the meeting on the Zoom portal and return its Zoom link. This Zoom link is recorded in the COMS database for that session (Fig. 2).
- To modify a scheduled meeting, for instance, to change the host or the timing, simply delete the meeting and reschedule it, using the buttons provided on the scheduling form (Fig. 1).
Insert Zoom meetings in the agenda
- Zoom meetings created in the sessions will be automatically inserted in the agenda when the agenda is recreated.
- By default, the meeting is embedded in the agenda and a link is added under the embed, to allow joining the meeting via the desktop app (Fig. 3). It is possible to insert just the link, without the web embed.
Remove Zoom meetings from the agenda
- Delete the meeting in the list of sessions (Fig. 1).
- Recreate the agenda.
Start and host Zoom meetings using start links
- For meetings created remotely using the Zoom scheduler, as described on this page, Zoom provides start links that can be used to start and access the meeting as host.
- The meetings' designated hosts can start the sessions using start links provided by Zoom and displayed on the landing page of their COMS account. The hosts need to click on a button to generate the link. Clicking on the link opens the meeting, either in the browser or in the desktop app, if installed on the host's account.
- Administrators need to activate the display of the links in the configuration, at Configuration / Access rights / Disclose personal data to participants.
- Important note: it is possible to use the start links multiple times ahead of the live session, for instance for practice sessions.
Start links for alternative hosts
- Whereas hosts get the start links for the meetings they are scheduled to host, admins get a list of the start links for all meetings. This list is accessible at Agenda & proceedings / Zoom / Start links .
- This list can be useful if a host is unable to attend. In this case, admins can start the meeting themselves, or, alternatively, send the start link to an alternative host.
Last updated: 05 October 2021