On-site registration & tracking
COMS provides a module to register delegates on arrival and, optionally, log their participation in various events or on different days. It consists of two functions that can be used independently or together:
- A Plug & Play module to scan QR codes issued to participants and record their arrival in the database.
- A manual function to record arrivals, by setting a flag in a list.
Scanning QR codes
If you are planning to scan QR codes (fig. 1), you will need to:
- Construct a list of participants who are authorized to receive a QR code and use it to check in.
- Activate the display of the QR codes to authorized participants and notify them by email.
- Set up one or more devices (laptops, PCs, tablets) with webcams that can be used to scan the QR codes.
- Note: alternatively to a webcam, you can use a smartphone to scan the codes.
- Use the scanning function provided by COMS to register the participants.
Recording arrivals manually
If you are not planning to scan QR codes, you will simply need to:
- Activate and display the list of participants on a suitable device in the reception area.
- Identify the participants and record their arrival by setting the relevant option in a drop down list.