Copying the users of a site
It is possible to transfer all, or some of the account found on a site to another site. The following describes the process:
- Initially the users are given an inactive status
- Initially, users that are copied to the new site are present, but not visible to administrators. If they log in to their account, their status is immediately activated and they become active users.
- Returning users can reuse the same password or reset it
- Users are able to log in with the password previously used. They are also able to reset a forgotten password by means of the password recovery function accessible under the login box.
- Administrators can send emails to inactive users
- A dedicated template, found at Emails / Targeted emails / Inactive accounts, can be used to send a targeted email to all inactive users, for instance to invite them to access the site. The list of recipients will gradually be reduced as users activate their account.
- Admins must decide whether to preserve or suppress users' functions prior to the transfer
- By default, users assigned specific functions, like reviewer or track chair, will retain them when transferred. Organisers will need to indicate whether these functions should be removed.
Last updated: 25 May 2021